In addition to the Outdoor Gear Exchange, Skida and Johnson Woolen Mills, who will be selling new gear, the Swap will provide an opportunity for people to sell their lightly used gear and find deals on both new & used items. The Swap is geared(!) toward providing hiking, climbing, camping, canoeing/kayaking, and outdoor recreation gear. Since there are several ski and bike swaps in the area, that type of gear won’t be sold.
When considering whether your gear is in good condition, please ask yourself:
- Would I buy this?
- Are there major defects/problems?
- Is it clean? If not, can it be cleaned before the Swap?
You are welcome to consign or donate the following usable items (this is an abbreviated list):
- Backpacks, kid carriers, duffels and organizers
- Tents & shelters
- Sleeping bags and furniture
- Climbing; crampons, axes, accessories (no ropes!)
- Snowshoes and sleds
- Hiking poles
- Cook sets
- Outdoor clothing
- Canoes, kayaks
- Outdoor-related books & maps (guide books, adventure, etc.)